Saturday 17 January 2015

Proton Pack Lighting 101



The 3D printed Ghostbuster's proton pack that I'm making needs some lights. Today I concentrated on the 'cyclotron' lights. These plans have been created by dedicated fans who have stop framed the original film to produce accurate drawings.



These need to be red when illuminated, but as dark as possible when off. To achieve this, I 3D printed a LED diffuser using clear PLA.



Using superglue, I stuck this to some car window tint that I had left over from creating the skeleton effect for halloween:

This makes the diffuser look 'black' when the LED is powered off:



But reveals a nice red when the led is illuminated.



I'm using TLCR5800 hight brightness LEDs that normaly fit into my Lasertag muzzle flashes.

All the files can be downloaded from Thingiverse.

No comments: