Tuesday 13 August 2013

Trigger Happy



Visit Tagbits to see the full range of tagger products described in this blog.



My Milestag sniper rifle needs a trigger, so I CADed one up today. It uses a small, sealed microswitch from Farnell.

I'm very limited by the amount of height and width I have available in the wooden stock. This switch enabled me to create a switch module only 20mm high and 15mm wide:



Here are the internals after printing, you can see the cam operation on the leaf microswitch:



And with the top section in place, note the countersunk self tap screws to keep the with to 15mm:



After marking the dimensions on the underside of the stock, I routed and chiselled a recess for the trigger unit to fit in. Here it is in close up:



And complete with fitted front barrel clamps:

No comments: