Monday 12 August 2013

Milestag sniper rifle: Continued



Visit Tagbits to see the full range of tagger products described in this blog.

This weekend I used a round routing bit and my routing table to make a semicircular groove in the stock of the gun. The barrel will fit into this:



I need a clamp to hold the 20mm barrel in place. I CADed a clamp with an integrated picatinny sight rail:



This will clamp over the top of the barrel, and will be held in place with screws into the wooden stock. Due to 3D print size restrictions, I've had to split this into 4 sections.

After printing the rear section:



This has an enclosed end section to hide the end of the 20mm barrel:



Here it is with the rear pieces fitted:



It was looking so good I couldn't resist fitting the 'scope I got for it:

No comments: