Monday 14 May 2012

Milestag rocket launcher...continued



Visit Tagbits to see the full range of tagger products described in this blog.

I've been doing further work on my Milestag rocket launcher. I've been doing further work on the control box.

Here is the CAD drawing of what I want:


I modelled the box on one I found on ebay, then printed out 1:1 scale drawings of the holes for each side. Using spray mount I fixed these to the box. This allows me to centre the holes precisely, especially when I use my optical centre punch:



I used a stepped drill for the cable holes:



I designed a custom LCD display mount with allows me some leeway when I cut a rectangular hole for it in the box. It has a flange to hide rough edges and a recess to allow a 2mm protective cover:





Here is a test assembly of the box:



On the other side you can see the curved mounting plates to allow me fix it to the launcher barrel:

No comments: