Saturday 16 July 2011

Mk3 Final Parts

I printed the final parts for my RepRap'd Milestag gun today. It's a muzzle flash suppressor modelled on this sort of design.


Here is my suppressor design after painting matt black:





The Milestag circuit drives a high intensity LED for the muzzle flash, but this sort of design needs to diffuse the light from the LED along the suppressor.

I've used PLA successfully in the past for this purpose, but I'm unable to print PLA at this time so Nophead kindly agreed to print me my design:



I've also managed to find time to fully assemble the gun:






Here is a video of the flash suppressor

1 comment:

Unknown said...


I am very much interested to your blog .At the same time, 3D printing, long used for fast prototyping, is being applied during a number of industries nowadays, as well as region and defense, automotive and care. As accuracy has improved and also the size of printed objects has enlarged, 3D printing services are being employed to make such things as topographic models, lighter heavier-than-air craft elements, mechanics automotive bodies and custom prosthetic devices. Within the future, it should be attainable for the military to print replacement elements right the parcel rather than having to place confidence in restricted spares and provide chains. Thanks for sharing such kind of nice and wonderful collection
3D printer manufacturers